Clay Township Libraries
The Algonac-Clay Library was formed in 1901 by the Ladies Library Association. It was the third library to become affiliated with the St. Clair County Library System, and it had many homes along its history including the jewelry store of the Village Clerk, Algonac High School, and the Town Hall. In 1949, the library was moved from the Town Hall to the Bostwick Building, where it remained for many years.
In March 1997, the library moved into its current location, the former Hemenger Hardware property. The Algonac-Clay Branch of the St. Clair County Library serves a population of over 13,000 residents through its many programs, a wide range of materials, and modernized facilities.
Readers Cove Library
Located in Downtown Sans Souci on Harsens Island, 3064 S Channel Dr, Harsens Island, MI 48028