- No wake signs are ordered We are having 10 4'X4's built and we do have 30 small yard signs for canals. I have been talking to people that want the signs.
- DDA is purchasing a flag pole for the police station on Taft Rd and also have purchased wrist bands for the police
- The Macomb and Marine City drains are being worked on. The Drain commission is letting out the contracts Aug 16th at 11:00 am.
- DDA is installing new fencing on the North Channel property across from Lega's. I sent a letter to Gabriel Marine that his material must be removed from the Township Property.
- Parks & Recreation: we are starting to organize a fall event in the park, it is in the rough planning now, Scare Crow Contest, Trunk and Treat, Pet Parade, etc, etc. More info coming soon!
- Working with the schools to convert a few of their tennis courts into pickle ball courts. I would like to see 4 pickle ball courts there.
- Set up a meeting with the USTA about grant opportunities to resurface the tennis courts at Browns Field.
- Having a Christmas Photo shoot for Family Christmas Pictures for $25 on Sat Dec 3rd and Sun 4th. Also a Cooking for Crowds Program for safe food handling on Sept 26 at the Twp Hall. See attached flyers.
- Meeting with Dennis Wilson of the DNR/Algonac State Park about installing 2 kayak launches at the North Channel site, Decker's Landing site and the Middle Channel site down by Browns.
- Drains for signage and access points. Also access in the DNR will be permitted from Jan 2 to Aug 30th, on all dykes and canals. We will be doing a ribbon cutting ceremony in May.
- We are hosting Consumer Safety Education Seminars through the State Attorney General office. The first one was well received on E-Scams and Phone Scams. Upcoming topics include: August 17 - Identity Theft, September 21 - Online Safety, October 19 - Home Repair and Improvement Scams, November 16 - Investment Fraud, January 18 - In Home Care and Senior Residences Scams. Educate yourself so you will be protected from these scams and thefts. Knowledge is power. These presentations are being advertised on our website, local press and social media.
- Upcoming events:
- Farmers Market, every Wed from 2 - 5 in Clay Twp Park
- Music In Parks
- August 18th Mystic 6
- July 25 Gasoline Gypsies